Protective goggles are designed to safeguard our eyes from mechanical agents and particles (solid or liquid) that threaten our visual health. Its use is recommended in industrial, manufacturing or construction activities; in some sports and in medical health centers.
It is essential that the health workers in charge of the screening, transfer and treatment of people carrying this lethal pathogen, use all the necessary equipment to reduce the chances of getting it.
In the article below we leave you the ranking of the 10 best protective glasses on the market, tips for their use and some important information to avoid getting infected with the coronavirus. You can’t stop reading it.
Top 10 best-selling protective glasses from amazon
See the best-sellers protective goggles for sale in amazon.
Tips for choosing good virus safety glasses
Here we present some recommendations to know what protective glasses against coronavirus you should buy to protect the mucosa of your eyes:
- Type of glasses: Always try to choose those that cover your eyes as much as possible and that have non-slip nose bridges. If you wear corrective lenses we recommend anti-reflective glasses.
- Materials: Prefer polycarbonate safety glasses with anti-scratch and anti-impact coating. This thermoplastic is very resistant and light. They won’t bother you even if you last many hours with them on.
- Make them adjustable: Choose goggles with adjustable temples for comfort and protection.
- With panoramic vision: So you can have a wide vision.
- The cost: It will always vary depending on the quality of the materials and the benefits it offers. Try to spend a little more knowing that you are making an investment in your health.
- What others think: The opinions of other users can help you make better choices.
How much money should I spend on my laboratory glasses to avoid contagions?
When looking for prices for protective glasses, you should bear in mind that those of recognized brands could cost you a little more for the type of material with which they are made.
- The cheapest laboratory glasses have prices of around $ 5. They can be achieved very well by searching among the offers.
- The best quality virus protection glasses could cost you $ 25 or more, but offer better materials and finish.
Buying Guide What virus protective glasses to buy?
How to prevent the risk of contagion using safety glasses?
According to the Spanish Ministry of Health, eye protection should be used when there is a risk of infection through the eyes due to splashes or drops of contaminated discharge (blood, mucus, saliva, etc.). For this, the use of integral glasses (similar to diving ones) or facial screens that prevent drops or splashes from entering our eyes is recommended.
The use of universal rim glasses with side protection is also recommended, in order to avoid contact of the eyes with contaminated surfaces, such as our own hands (with or without gloves).
To use them correctly we must:
- Correctly wash our hands: Sanitize your hands before putting on gloves.
- Make sure your lenses are clean too: Wash them thoroughly before using. Including medicated lenses that you are going to use underneath.
- You should put them on before starting any activity where there is a danger of contamination.
- After you put on your glasses, you should not touch them again until you have washed your hands correctly.
How to safely remove your laboratory glasses?
When removing protective glasses you must follow the following protocol
- Never remove the glasses until you finish all activity where there is a danger of contagion.
- Wash your hands with bactericidal soap and water, remove the lenses and wash them immediately or soak them in an antibacterial solution, then wash your hands again and use hydroalcoholic antiseptic gel.
- If they are disposable glasses, they must be placed in a covered and safe place for biohazard waste.
Do goggles protect against viruses like covid-19?
The WHO and the Ministry of Health recommend the use of glasses for medical-health personnel who are responsible for the screening, transfer and treatment of people suspected of carrying Covid19. However, it is still important that other standards (such as handwashing) are followed in order for the lenses to have the desired protective effect.
Other ways to avoid contagion by coronavirus
If you want to stay safe from this dangerous pathogen you must follow the rules below:
- Frequent hand washing. Sanitizing your hands with soap and water, or failing that with hydroalcoholized gels or sprays, is vital to avoid any contagion.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing to prevent mucus from spreading, facilitating contamination of people and surfaces.
- You shouldn’t touch your face. The hands are the preferred vehicle for the virus to enter your body through your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Use disposable tissues to clean mucus or secretions (blood, saliva, mucus, etc.). Throw them away immediately in a safe, covered place.
- Avoid coming into contact with other people. Discard all kinds of hugs, kisses, greetings, etc. Stay away from other people between 1 and 2 meters.
- Comply with restrictions. Follow all the indications that come directly from official health entities. If a general quarantine is decreed you should stay home.
- If you suspect that you may be infected, you must notify the relevant health bodies and go through the screening process.
How is coronavirus or covid-19 transmitted?
This deadly virus is transmitted due to the contact of a healthy person with respiratory secretions of a sick person or an apparently healthy carrier. Its propagation cycle begins when:
- A person who carries the virus coughs or sneezes and part of their mucus spreads in the environment, falling on their own body, on other people or on surrounding objects.
- A healthy person touches the wearer or comes in contact with the secretions that have been scattered.
- By bringing your contaminated hands to your face and the virus enters the available mucosa (eyes, nose and mouth).
- The newly infected person begins the transmission cycle again by sneezing or coughing, possibly ignoring that he is a carrier of the virus.
As scientists, virologists, immunologists, and epidemiologists further study the Covid pandemic19 and gather more information, they gain a better understanding of how this deadly pathogen reproduces and spreads. It is important that you keep an eye on the news and recommendations emanating from official health organizations (such as the Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization) to deal more effectively with this disease and prevent its spread.
Check out other coronavirus masks that might interest you