The baby chair is one of the most important accessories that you should acquire if your baby is already older and curious to know what surrounds him. Therefore, when buying it you must be sure of what is best for you, so as not to spend money in vain.
In addition, this is a long-term use product that you could even use again in the future if you have another baby, that’s why we have prepared this post where you can find out about the latest in baby carriages, so you can buy the one you provide greater comfort and safety, adjusting to your budget.
Best sellers portable strollers in amazon
What should you consider before buying a stroller?
1. Security system
This is the most important point to keep in mind when buying a stroller. You must verify that the product brings a good braking system and folding lock. If the chair is going to be used by a newborn baby, make sure that it incorporates a harness with several adjustment points and, if possible, some head and shoulder reducing system, so that it is more protected. It is also important that the chair has solid, swivel wheels so that you can easily handle it. All of these features make the cart safe and firm.
2. Easy to fold
This is the most sought-after attribute when choosing a baby seat; indeed this is a product that should be easy to transport when not in use, which is why strollers that can be folded with one hand are highly recommended. At this point you should know that the most popular folding system is the umbrella closing system, which allows carts of all kinds to be folded very easily and quickly. Take into account that the more compact and light the trolley is, the easier it will be to fold and transport.
Before purchasing a children’s stroller, you must take into account whether it will be used continuously or only for sporadic outings. Obviously, if the chair is necessary for the daily routine, you must ensure that the manufacturing materials are of good quality and durable, that they allow you to easily adapt it to the growth of the baby and that it is washable. If, on the contrary, the chair is going to be used during a vacation trip or on some walks, it will be better to choose one that is quite compact and light. If you plan to go for a run and exercise with your baby, you should buy a cart with large wheels and a cushioning system.
4. Comfort and comfort
The ideal baby seat must have certain characteristics that make your baby feel comfortable. That is why we recommend the strollers for children that have fully reclining and padded seats, so that your baby can be in any position and can even nap inside the stroller. Likewise, certain elements such as a good extendable and adjustable hood that protects the baby from the sun and rain, and a footrest that can adapt to the growth of the child can not be missing. Hoods made of fabric that includes UV protection are highly recommended.
Although there is a wide variety of models and prices on the market, you should bear in mind, when buying a stroller, that it is a long-term use product, which you will most likely use again if you have another baby. Therefore, you should evaluate whether it is worth making a greater investment and acquire a stroller that you can use for several years. However, if your budget is very limited, there is also a wide variety of cheap strollers, with prices well below 100 euros, which fulfill everything you need to transport your baby comfortably and safely. In the end, everything will depend on the budget you have, but you must take into account the price-quality ratio.
6. Type of chair
Baby seats are very popular and needed products, so there is a wide range of models to choose from. It is important that you take into account your tastes and needs, since there are ultralight strollers, and also those that come with an umbrella closure, whose characteristics make them adapt to very specific needs within the genre of strollers for children. Therefore, you must be very sure of what you want to buy so that your search is better targeted and easier to do, considering that it is a very wide and varied market in products.
Types of strollers
- Standard or conventional: these are the most common trolleys, characterized by the fact that they have a hood, a reclining seat and a basket. As well as seat belts with various adjustment points. They fulfill the basic functions to transport your baby comfortably and safely.
- Lightweight: these types of chairs are the most recommended for older children who already sit and walk, and have as main characteristics that they hardly weigh, making it very easy to maneuver them open or closed. They are usually cheaper, because their designs are more basic.
- Umbrella closure: they are very popular for their easy and peculiar closing system, which also makes them very compact and easy to transport once folded. In this classification you can find, in turn, light chairs and conventional chairs that can even be used by newborns.
- Twins: These strollers are specifically made with the needs of parents of twin babies or siblings with little difference in age. Within this type you can get double, with seats next to each other and tandem type with one seat in front of the other.
- With car seat chassis: They are those that bring a system to adapt the newborn’s car seat to the stroller. Generally, its useful life is very short, since this function can only be used in the first months of age. That is, only as long as the baby fits in the car seat.
Best stroller brands
- Chicco – This brand is one of the most recognized in the area of children’s products and its catalog of strollers for babies stands out for its ergonomic, comfortable designs and accessories that are very practical to use. Currently includes in its sales line more than 40 models of baby seats.
- Hauck – Dedicated to the manufacture of baby products since 1921, this brand is widely recognized for its collection of strollers that guarantee maximum safety and comfort. It also includes a wide collection of accessories for trolleys, which make this brand unique in its style.
- Mclaren – For over 50 years, this brand has been dedicated to creating smart childcare products. Its catalog of strollers is very varied, to please all tastes. They also offer a wide variety of general baby care products.
- Quinny – This brand stands out for the design of baby carriages designed for the urban environment. So its products are very practical to use and adapt very well to the typical routine of parents and babies who face the challenges of living in the city. Their models stand out for their modern lines.
What is a stroller for children?
It is an almost essential product when you have a baby, so that its transfer is more comfortable and effective, it is a good option from birth, this device will allow you to have more skill when going for a walk, taking it to kindergarten or simply to being at home well supervised.
This article becomes one of the most important purchases you are going to make for your baby. This chair will accompany you to almost all parts, so it is important that it offers adequate comfort for you and your baby.
Counting from approximately six months onwards, you can put aside the carrycot and move your little one to a much lighter chair, it is an important stage for both of them, it will open up a new and different experience.
This chair is much easier to handle, and you can get the most out of it.
It will give your baby the chance to walk with you in a more incorporated position, giving him the opportunity to start exploring the world more closely. It will be a pleasant experience to accompany you at this stage.
Basic elements of the stroller
In a stroller all the elements are important, so that your little one feels safe and is pleasant the time you spend in it. Now, let’s go through them one by one to give you certain references.
- The seat, the comfort of the baby: it is important because you will spend many hours here, and it is necessary that it is comfortable. If not, he will get tired and irritable, his calmness, humor and yours will depend on it. It is vital that the back rest completely on the padding of the chair, this backrest must have several positions so that you can lower them more or less as appropriate, this will also depend on the age of your child and the time he has been sitting. You need to recline it to rest, place it in a nearly horizontal position, or less so that it has the ability to interact more. Good insurance cannot be ignored in all positions.
Another point that will interest you is that the seat is reversible, that is, that you can choose whether your baby is facing forward, in the direction of travel, or that he looks at you while they walk. Taking into account that eye contact is pleasant for both of them and allows them to interact during the walk.
However, the most common thing in strollers is that the baby looks forward in the direction of travel, because he is beginning to explore the world, and does not want to miss anything that happens around him.
- The handlebar, your comfort: it is essential that you find it comfortable from the first day. There are two types, the horizontal bar or the double handle. The former is easier to push, especially with one hand, and the latter tend to take up less when folded.
As another important point, you should make sure that it is adjustable to adjust the height and put it according to yours, so as not to tilt your back as much, so that you feel good when handling it. Also taking into account when your husband moves the chair you can adjust it to his height and both of you enjoy the ride.
- Footrest: it needs to be adjustable depending on the size of the baby. Under no circumstances can the feet remain in the air.
- Materials: they must be hypoallergenic, breathable, resistant and washable. It is important that your baby’s stroller is always clean. Remove residues such as crumbs, juice drops, porridge remains that fall on the upholstery. It is recommended that you buy a cover, it will suit you. The fabric has to be sturdy to be able to brush it bluntly and remove stains.
- Accessories: before making your purchase, you should consider that you want to add things that are really useful and necessary, remember that this will make your purchase more expensive. We can recommend a good basket or storage bag that will be very useful for you. Here you can store many objects when you go for a walk. A plastic bubble may also interest you, you can use it both on rainy days, an umbrella with UPF +50 protection for sunny days and a cover for cold days.
It is obvious that a more expensive chair makes a difference in many aspects, the small design details, the adjustments are usually easier, the possibility of hanging toys so that he drinks is entertaining, perform the maximum number of operations with one hand, They are details that, without being essential, make your life much easier.
Advantages of strollers
The strollers offer endless benefits, which are linked to the practicality and space they occupy, making day-to-day both yours and your baby’s more bearable and less catastrophic. Let’s see its advantages:
- They are light for everyday use: thanks to their weight, it is one of their main advantages and an excellent reason to get hold of one. You cannot downplay the pounds that the structure of the chair has, thinking only of displacement is a mistake, because the strollers fold and unfold continuously, they go up and down steps (since there are no ramps everywhere) They are loaded and unloaded from the car, they must be entered and removed from the bus or the subway. A light stroller will make your work more comfortable, hand in hand with speed and practicality on any journey, it is a way to save time and effort, both on city walks, when traveling by car or public transport.
- They are manageable in the city: due to its narrow chassis and small wheels, it allows you to travel without difficulties through most parts of the city. It is important because it is also a security issue. It allows the baby to walk on narrow sidewalks with ease without losing balance or stability in his walk.
- Ideal for trips: the one that takes up little space in the vehicle is an insurmountable advantage, the clothes of mom and dad, children’s clothes, toys and diapers is enough, but with the travel chair there is no need to worry about it fits in any place and not uncomfortable at all during the trip. It is very practical when we are away from home, if it has several reclining positions right there where our little one can take a nap, or in the same restaurant or just during a walk. It is very comfortable and avoids going back to the house or hotel for the kids to rest.
- They are promoters in the autonomy of our little ones: the strollers help to raise the level of development and autonomy of the children, since when they start walking they can get on and off by themselves. This autonomy turns out to be so useful because it allows us to have our hands free while the kids get on, to carry the children’s suitcase, to open the car, among others. It is also recommended to avoid back problems such as low back pain or pain when picking up the child to seat him in the chair.
- They have a longer useful life: although we usually associate the use of strollers with older children, many of them can be used from the birth of the baby, becoming the perfect allies from the first months of life, to take advantage of all its advantages and give a longer useful life to the product. If we buy a chair that is versatile and functional we will have a walk system that covers from birth to after 3 years and that you can use for specific moments such as giving your little one a snack after the walk.
- They are inexpensive: their prices are affordable and they fit different budgets. They are an excellent option as a means of walking. They facilitate the daily organization with the little ones avoiding running and running and having to rush with so many activities to do, it definitely helps you a lot.
- They are small so they fit in any corner: strollers take up little space when unfolded, but when they are folded they take up less, to the point of fitting in any corner of the house: in a closet, behind a door in the stairwell among other places.
If you live in the city or in a smaller town, if your way of getting around is on foot or by public transport, these advantages will be very useful for you. These strollers can make your days easier, both at home and on the street.
Safety recommendations when using a stroller
During the use of the stroller, situations may arise where the safety of your baby may be at risk, so you should take into account the following safety recommendations:
- When releasing the handlebar, be sure to apply the brake. If there are possibilities of unevenness, you can slide.
- Do not force folding and unfolding operations, do not.
Although the path to travel is short, once you feel your little one, always put the harness on him.
- Under no circumstances leave the raincoat or bubble in place when you enter closed and hot spaces, if your baby is sitting in the chair.
- Look carefully before crossing the streets, join busy roads or leave and enter the subway.
- Keep in mind that the stroller advances in front of you.
- Do not overload the handlebar with your purchases or heavy weight bags, this will reduce mobility and may cause the chair to tip over or pull back, especially if it is very light.
How to clean a stroller?
The first thing to keep on hand is an efficient cleaner, a soft cell brush and a lot of patience. Taking into account that the strollers are not detachable, they must be cleaned with the material mounted on the structure. However, in the first instance the elements that can be disassembled, if any, would be removed.
It is important to visualize the degree of dirt on the fabric, if it has embedded and abundant dirt, it is time to use the brush to tear the fabric a little and remove the dirt. If this is not the case, then simply wiping with a damp cloth will suffice to remove the dirt.
How to choose the best stroller?
There are many utilities that you can give to the stroller, however, you must take into account its design, since they are not all manufactured with the same structure. At a general level we must consider the following, to choose the best:
- Look at the structure and the tires: if you need to push the stroller on wide roads or bumpy terrain every day, we recommend you choose a stronger model, which is all-terrain. Instead, if you need to use your car or public transport, the best will be a folding stroller. A stroller without suspension can only be used on smooth surfaces, but those with suspension can be used on all types of surfaces. Plastic tires work well only on pavement, air-filled rubber tires work well on all types of surfaces (no bumps), while foam-filled tires ride well on any type of terrain, they’re great.
- Check the safety characteristics of the stroller: it is very important to find a chair with easy-to-operate brakes. Some models offer brakes that lock two wheels, this is a special safety feature. You must make sure that your baby cannot reach the brake release lever.
- Choose a stroller with broadband – these are less likely to tip over.
Go for a model with an extendable footrest: Separate footrests can catch your baby’s feet, therefore, it is recommended to choose with a single footrest that extends through both living areas.
- If you take these details into account, you will be able to choose the best stroller for your baby, which meets your expectations and adapts to both you and your baby, making your walk more practical and giving the baby all the comfort it demands.
Where to buy the best stroller
These products can be found in commercial, local stores, among others. In this opportunity we want to give you virtual solutions so that you can comfortably acquire the best stroller, then the most relevant options:
Strollers on Amazon: in this section you will find variety, quality, recognized brands, discounts and unmissable offers. The catalog is extensive, showing a large number of exclusive models, with unsurpassed characteristics, it provides you with excellent service, the delivery of your orders is on time and arrives at the place you request it. On this online site you will find the best stroller for your baby.